Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week Three Catch Up

I feel like week three has been happening for ages. 

Last Friday, we received an email at work asking if we wanted to change the weigh in date to either a Wednesday or a Friday. Turns out, Monday's were proving difficult for most people participating. Honestly, I don't mind changing it. I voted for Friday, as I recently read that you are your lightest on Friday mornings because you've been good all week. 

As a result, I decided to hit this third week hard. At our first weigh in after the initial weigh in, I was in the top 3 losers along with my department co-worker Melissa. We have recently formed a pact that we will win this thing! One of us will get first and the other will get second. It's just what's gonna happen, oK? 

At the second weigh in, I was a little...lacking. I only lost 1.75 pounds and that didn't put me in the top 3 spots. As week three rolled around, and we actually gained an extra 4 days to work out, I went into it hard. 

Monday I skipped the gym and had dinner with my man at a local Brewery, which sucked because I couldn't drink beer.  


Tuesday, I decided to go crazy. I woke up at 5am and was running with my pumping, loud ass EMD music by 5:30. I spent about 15 minutes warming up by jogging on the treadmill then hit the arm weights hard. So hard, in fact, that my arms are still killing me. After work, I went back to the gym! This time I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical while watching The Voice. It was great!

Wednesday, I woke up with the same gusto. I ran a good 2.24 miles in 30 minutes, including the 5 minute walking warm up. Then Jake and I did a bunch of ab work outs. It was such a great way to wake up!


After work Wednesday, I was feel really tired. So Jake made an awesome Asian flavored dinner and we both passed out on the couch!

Today was a great day. After hitting the treadmill at 5:30, I ran better than yesterday. I managed 2.36 miles in 30 minutes with a 5 minute walking warm up. My goal, if you didn't guess, is to be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes again. There's just something about a 10 minute mile that gets my heart racing...literally!

Tomorrow morning in the weigh in. I'm slightly terrified. I don't know why, I think I've done pretty well this week. My portions have gotten smaller, my workouts have gotten longer and I don't find that I'm hungry between meals, although I try to have a small, nutritious snack in the afternoon. 

All I want is to make it into the top 3...

...after all, I did talk a lot of smack before this started...I better pull through!

No comments:

Post a Comment